ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Use proper product handling techniques to ensure products are not damaged while handling
- Ensure all product rotation practices are followed to ensure the oldest products are selected first
- Follow proper product stacking techniques to both minimize product damage and ensure pallets are easy to work for the service and merchandising teams
- Pick all assigned orders accurately to ensure the proper items are selected
- Load all trucks with the correct orders and in the proper sequence
SPEED and EFFICIENCY
- Utilize time management and follow all company policies and procedures to ensure orders are picked in an expedient manner
- Load all trucks by assigned times nightly
- Work to minimize product handling and wasted time by decreasing the number of touches and distances traveled
- Verify all transport and bulk delivery truck wheels are chocked before loading and unloading.
- Promptly inform the Warehouse Manager of any issue that may require attention or action including safety risks, security problems, personnel issues, etc.
- Work safely and adhere to company safety policies and procedures
- Maintain a clean work environment and ensure the overall cleanliness of the warehouse and assigned equipment through daily cleaning task and other projects as assigned
- Maintain a professional appearance through the use of proper grooming and by wearing clean assigned uniform clothing